Friday, October 21, 2005

That's not enough

So I helped with the soup but I made the dessert.
It's the fall so I made pumpkin bars ~i love pumpkin bars I tweaked a couple of recipes to come up with this version ~It may need a little more tweaking ~more pumpkin ~less egg I'm not sure but I like what I did with the spices so don't mess with that.

Pumpkin Bars

2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups canned pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350’ line 15x10 baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix everything together until it is beautifully blended together. Pour into pan. Bake for 30 min or until it is beautifully done ~

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz. cream cheese
6 Tbls butter
3 cups powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugar, add vanilla and frost cooled pumpkin bars.

It makes a rather large amount but on one occasion my roommate Lindy and I ate the whole pan ~

I did share the pan I made on Wednesday night.

No comments: