Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I am grateful for...

1. Red Puffy Vests
2. Diet Coke
3. Hot Showers
4. Embroidery
5. Howler Babies

When I was in college Tate saw an episode of Oprah where she talked about gratitude journals and so the two of us started to keep them. I still have that original journal it is in my college correspondence box. Everyday I would write five things I was grateful for, Diet Coke often toped the list, as did the color red. So the other night while I was saying my evening prayers I thought back on that journal ~I was trying in my prayer to come up with what exactly I was thankful for when so many things in my life are not exactly what I would have them be. I didn’t pray for Diet Coke or the color red. So it made me question why the things I so often include in my prayers that I am thankful for never made my gratitude list and why I never prayed for the things on my gratitude list. What is the difference between gratitude and thankfulness, is there a difference should I include Diet Coke in my prayers should my talents be put on my gratitude list because they always make my prayers. I know I am blessed, I just wish I could have everything I wanted.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Trust me, you don't want all that. Not everything you want is good for you -- like eating too much divinity.

You're incredibly talented and could do anything you really wanted. Don't forget it!