Saturday, December 03, 2005

Little Women

The other night while working on a project I decided to watch Little Women. I love this movie around the holidays; it was a tradition that came about when I lived in Virginia. Chipsy, always watched the movie with her roommates when they strung popcorn and cranberries for the tree and so when she was my roommate I got to watch the movie with her. I miss D.C. most at the holidays. I loved the 10' tree we would put up. It was an adventure to get to the tree farm, to get everyone to choose a tree and then to get a 10' tree up two flights of stairs and set up in general. I was in charge of vacuuming and the tree stand because I was the only one patient enough for either one of those activities. Jen was always in charge of the lights, no small feet seeing how we had around 3000 on it one year. And yes all of us would string popcorn and watch little women the night the tree was put up with Chipsy being in charge of that.
So the other night while I watched that movie all I could do was cry because I had no 10' tree to deal with and I wasn't in Virginia running around a tree farm and it made me horribly sad.

4 comments:

solidcommagirl said...

My suspicians were correct. . . you do love washington more than us. why don't you just move there and be with chipsy and your tree. it might be better for all of us.

annzy said...

that's funny because i don't love chipsy and well the old townhouse is just a fond memory and not a reality

goo said...

I'll watch Little Women and string popcorn and cranberries with you, you know that! I'll even make a trip to a tree farm for you, even though I am a firm believer in artificial pre-lit trees!

Lucy van Pelt said...

annzy secretly loves colored tinsel trees too