Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Please mind the gap...

Alright kids ~I do not have time to write so I am going to take a little holiday break ~I promise I will write and tell you all of my adventures of the holidays as soon as they are over. Right now however I am going mad trying to finish all of the projects I have started for the holiday. I some how thought it would be fun to make all of my Christmas gifts for this year, and if I had started in July I really do think it would have been a good idea ~just now I kind of want to go into some sort of sewing coma. I am starting to have flashbacks to when I was an undergraduate and would sew until 3am and then sleep in the sewing lab for a couple of hours because I was afraid to walk home across campus at that time of the night but when I would wake up around 5am I would go home and get a couple of hours of good sleep before heading back to class. Between work and my Christmas gift giving sewing with a little baking is all I am doing these days. In an effort though to help anyone out who needs a quick Christmas gift idea here is the pie recipe that I made last night to give to a couple of my friends. I originally got this recipe from Tatum and well we made it so often that first year we lived together we would sometimes forget the crust and whip cream topping and just called it French Moose~

French Silk Pie

½ cup Butter
¾ cup Sugar
1 pkg Chocobake
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy; add chocobake, and vanilla mix until incorporated. Add one egg and beat for five minutes, add second egg and beat for five more minutes. Pour into Oreo crumb crust and top with fresh whipped cream, freeze overnight and serve huge slices that Mom always complains are far to large for such a rich pie ~you should watch me put it down.

No comments: