Monday, January 16, 2006

Sunday is a Special Day it is the Day we eat the Big Meal

So on Sunday night the Irwin's came over for dinner and I got to be in charge. The Irwin's are friends of Whit & Brent that they met in their first married student ward at BYU, I met them a little later when I visited Whit & Brent one summer ~their oldest Fozzy as he was called then was all of 6 months old, Fozzy is now 14 and I am the only one who calls him Fozzy still. The Irwins now have five children and well I think of them being my friends as much as being Whit & Brent's friends.
I made Chili Colorado for dinner to be eaten as shredded beef burritos. My friend Jen gave me this recipe two years ago and for the life of me I couldn't find it on Saturday night, I called Jen and she didn't have it either, so we talked about it for a while and well this is I feel quite confident in saying is my Chili Colorado recipe ~because I had to make it up.

Chili Colorado
1 Rump Roast mine was 4lbs
1 bottle Chili Sauce (it is next to the cocktail sauce at the market)
1 can Mexican Style Stewed Tomatoes
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Mix together the Chili Sauce, Stewed Tomatoes, Cumin, Onion Powder, & Garlic Powder. Place the Rump Roast in a crockpot and pour the mixture over it. Cook the Roast on low heat for six hours, then take two forks and shred it apart removing the grodie fat and tenden bits that you see, then cook for an other two hours.
At this point it is ready to be served ~I like to make mine into a burrito and feel like I am just as cool as the kids at the Cafe Rio but it is also great with rice and beans if that's more your scene.
Also dinner was a lot of fun as always with the Irwin's, it didn't hurt either that they brought dessert which was Brownie Sundays that had Brian's amazing fudge sauce on them.

2 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

I want amazing fudge sauce.

annzy said...

It is in the new addition of the family cookbook i think