Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sweet Everlovin' Music

I never talk about my musical tastes and so know that I am taking a huge risk here and discussing them on the internet. Why you ask don’t I discuss my musical tastes? I have no taste in music I listen to and like such an odd and variable amount of music it is hard to describe myself musically. I also hate what others consider really good music for no other reason than you have got to be kidding me. I also rarely talk about because I am that girl that finds the love of her musical life about 18 months after everyone else has listened to them and formed an opinion so I seam really behind the times.
Today is a good example of this ~while listening to old NPR stories on the internet (don’t start with me on my nerdiness) I discovered OK go ~I could watch the “A Million Ways” dance a million times and never tire of it, it is my new love. The band isn’t bad either, so I will be at their show in February and will encourage my friends to be there as well.
I am also really excited because after taking off a really long time with the excuse of having a baby (he is the father mind you) Rhett Miller is coming out with a new album at the end of February and yes when he tours for it I will be there also.
At this point some of you might be thinking I have okay taste in music and shouldn’t be embarrassed of what I listen to ~this will change your mind ~here are a few of the songs I was caught at some point in public singing along with.
Kerosene, Miranda Lambert
Honky Tonk Badonkadon, Trace Adkins
~had CMT on while reading to Abby this morning
Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond
Leaving on a Jet Plane, Peter Paul & Mary
Aubrey, Bread
~the radio at work, I was scaring Cassi my 18 year old coworker with the Neil Diamond sing along
What’s a girl to do I love show tunes, early 80’s top 40, big band classics ~ I told you I didn’t have taste.

3 comments:

jason said...

Oh, my goodenss, that Million Ways video is absolutely fantastic. And as a bonus, the song is pretty good too.
I know where you get you eclectic taste in music but i'll never understand why you tolerate Country Music (oxymoron? yes!).

annzy said...

It is true my taste in music comes from the same place that all six Robertson children aquired their taste.

Lucy van Pelt said...

It's a funny thing that happened to those Robertson kids...

I won't judge you, since I like Frou Frou, U2, Abba, and Trisha Yearwood. Fortunately, we all redeam ourselves with a few "cool" bands in our music libraries.