Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Death by Chocolate...

A million years ago and an other life time ago Tatum and I were co-eds and we had the best Valentines Days together. Tate is married now and has lovely married people Valentines Days but once upon a time she had to make it on her own on the worlds silliest holiday. Well not exactly on her own she had me and a lot of other very single friends that had to make it on there own so what did we do. We had Death by Chocolate! Death by Chocolate is the celebration we came up with when I broke up with the love of my life on February 8th and there was no way in hell I was going to spend the 14th pouting about it. We delivered invitations to all of the kids in the ward and invited kids from classes and friends in general. The turn out was so good that first year we did it the second year again. We didn't do it a third year because well we weren't in 54 anymore and well it just wasn't the same. So Death by Chocolate was chocolate pot luck party ~I can't believe I don't do more of these. It was not only a lot of fun to eat a lot of chocolate but it was also really great to see what people brought. The boys always brought way better things than the girls ever did to the party. My favorite to this day was Stephen our home teacher who brought chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate cool whip.
So all I can say even though I have yet to have a lover on this designated day of lovers I still love this day and hope that everyone else can have an absolutely lovely day today!

2 comments:

solidcommagirl said...

this sounds way better than what i did for my valentines day--death by three hour long essay test

goo said...

Hey, here's a new one, how about next year you have "Death by working two jobs and not getting to be with your husband on your first Valentine's Day together?" Maybe work on the name a bit, it reads kind of long.