Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Just an other talent to add to the sheet...

So every once and a while I like to try my hand at something new and well this week it was chocolate. I am sure you are thinking "chocolate is nothing new for Ann I have seen her consume ungodly amounts of it in a single setting." Yeah but I have never made truffles before with it, and well now I have. I Tvioed an episode of the Barefoot Contessa that had chocolate truffles in it as well as an episode of cheap eats with them ~so I decided I had to give it a try. They tasted just lovely and the texture was spot on. The failure in my chocolate career is shape ~for the life of me I couldn't get that melon baler to work properly I tried a about a dozen different methods to get these cute little round truffles and well they looked like I put Brooke in charge and I felt like Brooke had been in charge because I was slathered in chocolate by the time it was all over ~(right now my internet boyfriend is thinking that is sexy.) All in all I think a little more practice and I will be able to reach perfection ~I will also be reviewing the tvio to see if there are any little wrist flips or slow rolling methods I seem to have over looked. If you would like to try my lovely recipe I made up for "Hint of Citrus Truffles" it is as follows.

Hint of Citrus Truffles

1 12oz. bag semi sweet chocolate chips premium brand
1 half pint whipping cream
1/4 tsp real lemon extract
1/4 tsp real orange extract
2 tsp very fine orange zest

Heat cream with extract and zest in a small sauce pan on medium heat until a slow boil occurs ~remember to stir so you don't scorch. Place chocolate chips in a shallow bowl, pour boiling cream over them and let stand for two minutes. Wisk cream and chocolate together until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for one hour at this point try to form balls (good luck,) refrigerate again for 15 minutes. Roll in hands to smooth surface and then roll in powder of coco and sugar for a lovely finished look that keeps them from sticking together.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

"lovely finished look" ha, ha! I'm just imagining what your lovely finished look was.