Sunday, February 19, 2006

Smart Ass Brother One, Dumb Sister Zero...

Just as a way to get to know me better it should be say I look forward to January 31 as a gleeful holiday. When I have done my own taxes it has been on January 31st and I filed them that very instant over the phone ~I only did my own taxes when I lived in Virginia and people still filed their taxes over the phone. I still really like to do my taxes very first thing that I can and will be a bit pesky about it (sorry dad.) Anyways this year my dad decided to pawn off my taxes on my little brother Gage ~there was some confusion as to what need to be done about my five months living in sin city but declaring my self a Utahan.
Anyways I called Gage my little brother who has an accounting degree and works for some sort of tax software company up and he said he would be glad to do fill out my 1040EZ for me. So the very next day February 6th I drop my W-2's in the mail and waited to see what would happen. Gage a boy after my own heart as far as taxes were concerned said he had gotten my stuff that day and had already gotten them taken care of and just need to know which of my bank accounts I wanted the direct deposit to go into. He also said he was sending me back the stuff for my own records and instructions on how to pay the state the $35 I owed them ~or am going to stick to them.
So on Saturday night when I got home just before midnight I was reading my mail and saw the letter had come from Gage so I quickly flipped through it and then FLIPED OUT ~$96 there was a bill for $96 all I could say was "What the Hell was he thinking." I then remarked on how mom & dad should never have been allowed to have a sixth child they were clearly too old and the birth defects of a late life pregnancy had only really reared there ugly head in his 26th year. I called mom the next day and let her know how I felt about her last child. Anyways when I talked to my dad the next week he said he felt bad at what had happened at his suggestion and was sending me a check for my tax processing. I finally decided to face the bill again on Wednesday after 10 days of cursing my little brother and telling several people how stupid he was. AND NOW IT IS MY TURN TO BE STUPID...
I looked closely at the bill trying to figure out exactly who to make the check out to when I realized it was FAKE! The numbers on it were things like 123-4567 opps. In my defense I would like to say it was late on Saturday night when I looked at the paper work. Also because of my current financial situation (making a pittance,) I am a little sensitive when it comes to bills. Anyways the first phone call I made was to dad ~who got a good hearty laugh about it praising Gages ability to make me sweat. My mother called later that day telling me I had to eat crow and that clearly Gage was not the mistake that had been made. She let all of my other siblings ~that I hadn't even whined to about the whole thing know how dumb I was. Dad also called back later that day saying that I had to take Gage and his family out dinner this next week and praise his wit with the check that had been sent. The last phone call of the day was made by me to Gage congratulating him on his coo and letting him know of the dinner on dad.
I hate little brothers especially SmartAss ones.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

I just love your brother. He's such a clever bunny.

And not that you'd want to hear it, but your siblings all used to make noise about how four was enough. (hee, hee)