Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I want to vacation with the Russian Army...

Everyone has those moments when they realize they are their mothers daughters. I had one of those this weekend. My parents were in town and we had a lovely visit especially on Sunday when Gage, Kinsey and Miles came down for dinner. Whit made a great Lasagna and we had bread and salad along with it (both green and jello) after dinner was over and we had sat around and talked and many of the family members had moved to the comfy sofas in the family room mom announced that she need to clean up the mess by saying it looked like the russian army had been camping out in Whit's kitchen ~Man those russians are neat people, when this announcement came there were all of three dirty dishes about, along with glasses on the table and placemats, oh and I shouldn't forget the lasagna spots on the top of the stove. If that is all a russian army leaves behind I think they would be a very nice group of people to hang out with ~I like a clean kitchen. I like to clean the kitchen, more importantly I really like cleaning others kitchens ~I know this makes me a bad person that I should like getting together with friend but really I prefer going into their kitchen and loading the dishwasher and wiping down the counters because that means I did something and doing this make me feel better about myself. As someone who has a deficit of self esteem there is often no greater joy than knowing I cleaned the kitchen, that I left things better than I found them and that I am a good for something. So I wondered this weekend as my mother cleaned up the invasion of the russian army if she felt better about herself because she did it and if she too needs that is she this daughters mother.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

This hypotheses also explains why my own kitchen can look a wreck and I don't care or clean it, but I've cleaned Camille's kitchen more times than I can count and enjoyed doing it every time. I woudn't trade that for anything.