Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And he writes too...

I listen to a NPR as I commute I love it ~I am instantly in my fathers car commuting with him to swimming lessons at the Y every time I listen to NPR in the morning and I loved having time with my father all to myself when I was growing up so NPR automatically makes me happy with that memory. Besides the memory though I usually learn cool things that I repeat and desperately hope makes other people think I am cool ~it doesn't work but I am sticking with this one, because it may work at some point.
Well a couple of weeks ago I was listening and heard the most beautiful ascent read this fabulous first page of book and I was hooked. I had to know more so I googled the name and ended up here. Where I found out Markus would be at a reading in Salt Lake the next week so I made plans to see him because I knew if we met we would love each other forever. Well we did meet and well we aren't going to love each other forever ~it would be awkward with his wife and all but the evening was a huge success none the less.
I met up with one of my freshman from college friends ~she knew me 12 years ago and still can be tricked into returning my calls. We went to the Kings English this great local book store for the reading where we met several authors not only Markus it was a Random House Young Adult Author tour. Five authors were discussing there books that evening and one other set of authors sounded really interesting you can check them out here. But this is where it get good ~Shannon Hale author of Goose Girl was there too and we talked to her and I had her sign a book for my cute niece Mac who is the Goose Girl herself with beautiful blond hair that will not be cut. It was too much fun to talk because she was so amazed that she had fans ~she has a lot of fans believe me.
After the signing we got Chinese take out and watched shows off TVio ~you already know how I feel about that magical box. The night was huge success I met a cute Australian, had him sign a book for me and a friend, gushed all over Shannon Hale and got Chinese food and ice cream.
Hurray for Me!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hurray for me too! That night was f-u-n. And I really only return your calls because you would stalk me if I didn't.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm a tiny bit jealous, because this sounds like my idea of a heavenly evening. I'm joining a book group, but I missed the organizational meeting. Last night, I found out the first book is by Kafka. Who thinks of that kind of Krap? I was hoping for fun. One of the other books will be Goose Girl though, so there is some hope.

kdubs said...

An Aussie bloke, Chinese takeout and ice cream...it doesn't get much better than that!!

Love commuting to NPR....