Friday, May 26, 2006

The Awesome Night We Had Eating & Knitting...

I sometimes wonder why people knowing what a challenge they will have ahead of them ever take drugs ~I am told they think things are either so bad it doesn't matter or they are tough enough to take it.
I started a new hobby and well I thought I would be tough enough to take it ~I can't imagine right now what rehab will cost me. Last night in a casual attempt to get out of Utah County I decided to go to Salt Lake and visit my friend Erin "the girl who knits" and try knitting again. Let me tell you right now the self taught are the most amazing people I know ~I am the talent stolen, I make others share their talents with me and then I will later claim them for my own. A good example of this is "my" brownie recipe ~thank you Kay Dubbs!
So Erin got me started she taught me the slickest way to cast on and now I am working on the scarf ~i am about 12 rows into it and have only added a stitch twice ~Erin had to fix the first one and I had to fix the second one all by myself ~I figure if I can finish this scarf and maybe a couple more with something awesome like a cable in it I will try for socks ~I have a huge crush on some of Erin's sock yarn. Also the baby hats with things like peas or cherries on them are just too cute not to try. ~eek it is taking over I feel it ~tonight videos and knitting I am so excited.
Besides learning how to Cast On, Knit & Pearl. Erin and I also did dinner and dessert. Dinner was nice enough at Pagoda in the Avenues ~but dessert was truly a worship service. We just decided to grab something at Hatch's Chocolates I got a Chocolate Pots de Creme ~it was this love rich chocolate custard with dark chocolate flecks in it ~they are genius! and yes I plan on figuring out this recipe and claim it as my own soon.
Thanks for the lovely evening Erin and soon I will post a picture of my scarf.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yes...a convert! You are a natural talent and are obviously helped by a superior teacher. Can't wait to see your scarf. Next up you are the teacher and I the sewing student...

solidcommagirl said...

hmm i'm going to take your lack of blogging as a personal insult