Thursday, May 04, 2006

Fake Bake...

Yesterday I got to celebrate a birthday ~not my birthday just to clear things up but an other May birthday. ~My friend Britt turned all of 23~ I made the cake oh and it took the cake. If you have never made a flourless chocolate cake you are missing out ~so easy to make and so good to eat. Plus my recipe is basically sugar free so you can feed it to all of your friends that don't eat sugar or flour. It was also so pretty with the whipped cream on top and all of the candles. ~I would like to mention here that the whipped cream would not have been possible with out my dear friend Marce. Also Eric was in charge of lighting the candles and did an excellent job with the fire.

Flourless Chocolate Cake

8 Eggs
1 lb Bitter or Semi Sweet Chocolate
1 Cup Butter

Prepare an 8' spring form pan with parchment paper on the bottom ~don't use wax it doesn't work I found out the hard way. Also secure the outside of the spring form with tinfoil so the water from the water bath doesn't ruin it.
In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter together until a smooth consistency.
In a mixer mix all eight eggs together until they triple in volume and are very fluffy.
Fold eggs in to chocolate mixture 1/3 at a time until they are just incorporated.
Pour mixture into the spring form pan and place spring form pan in water bath.
Bake at 325' for 25 - 30 minutes or until it smells very chocolately and the middle is almost set.

Best of luck with this one and may you have the happiest birthday ever with this one.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Patrick could even eat this! I must try it. I'll let you know how it turns out.