Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hi my name is...

and I am an addict. For about the last year I didn't watch TV let me explain. I lived with my sister and it was really more trouble than it was worth to watch anything that wasn't on the disney channel ~then I lived alone and didn't bother to have a TV plus I don't like to watch TV just for TV I like to watch my shows I like to pretend I live in Stars Hallow and work at the White House as the Aid to the Deputy Chief of Staff. I only watch TV when I can be apart of it. Just for the record I use to date the Laird of a Scottish estate but it became to difficult ~PBS had a hard time getting all the episodes in order. I don't watch reality TV because it is too real and if I can't be a part of it I want no part of it for the most part ~except Project Runway but only the first 10 and last 10 minutes the dram in between I can do with out.
I am now jobless and live with my parents and will do just about anything to fill the time and...
This last year I had on several occations noticed people talking about Grey's Anatomy and my friend Mary Anne watched it and recommended it highly and couldn't believe I didn't watch this show. Well this summer I turned on Oprah one day to see what the world was doing and she was talking about Grey's Anatomy and then I noticed it was going to be on on Thursday night so I decided because I had nothing better to do to see what all this fuss was about ~I am hooked. I am now a surgical intern at Seattle's Grace Hospital which is a good thing because my job at the White House just ended this last spring and I am looking for a new challenge especially because I have really low expectations for my life in Stars Hallow because the original writer has left and things are just too weird with my boyfriend Luke these days.
So to prove how out of hand this addiction has gotten I bought the second season on DVD if you want to brow it please let me know the guilt I feel over buying TV is over whelming and I would love to share it. I am slightly justifying my actions though by letting you know I have been very productive on my knitting while watching TV and even though I have no idea what I am doing I am working on a baby sweater I will let you know what happens to it.

7 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have watched every single episode of Sex and the City. Every one. I'm a writer, you know.

Erin said...

Um...you know I can relate. Total. TV. Addict.

Did you move to Idaho??!? :(

Sam said...

I need it when you're done. It's all your fault.

Lori said...

I'm totally addicted to Grey's Anatomy (as well as all tv. - see my blog about my giddiness regarding fall premieres). I'm such a dork, I read the writer's blog and like to think one day I will suddenly be talented enough to be one of them, even though I've never written anything in my life.

I'm just lucky I quit my job and have nothing to do for the next month. Otherwise I would be in serious denile.
Furthermore, I agree with you totally on the original writer's leaving Stars Hallow (It must be because you moved away).

Life as an intern must be hard. I'm jealous of your season 2 DVD.

Lori said...

P.S. I hope you don't mind, but I linked your blog to mine, since I read it. I'm a friend of Amy's from work. :)

gamine said...

I love the Grey's and the Hollow. I just bought a DVR so I can have "productive" TV watching. I'm knitting a baby blanket that I think is going to turn out to be an utter disgrace, but atleast I don't feel guilty sitting alone watching TV.

solidcommagirl said...

i'm so glad you have found a new love. i have no television in my new local and will be in model UN whilst the Gilmore Girls have a go at messing up their lives. maybe you could tape the season for me?