Thursday, September 14, 2006

Schlemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated...

Yesterday my sister and I went to the cannery ~this isn't a hip club it's church service. My sister is in charge of getting people to go and do this act of service and since she has never done it before she decided to go and since I am jobless and like to get out of the house I said I would go with her. We worked on the line making sure all of the pears that went into the cans were free of stems, skins and yucky spots. I personally felt very responsible in doing my best knowing how some mothers struggle to get their kids to eat fruit ~I wanted to make sure I did my part not to gross any kid out so they would never eat a pear again. At dinner that night when my very serious oldest niece asked about the cannery I told her I had to tell her mom not to leave her glove on one of the pears at the end of the shift ~she didn't get it and asked more than once why you would leave your glove on the pear. I have to tell you that four and half hours working at the cannery felt very much like Lavern & Shirley a show my 11 year old niece knows nothing about.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

It's the same thing when you tell them their incesant questioning is starting to sound like a broken record. It just doesn't register. Bummer too. We're gonna make our dreams come true, doin' it our way!!!