Wednesday, October 25, 2006

First time better be the last time....

So last year at this time I cut myself with a rotary cutter ~a mistake that quite a few quilters make but I had avoided for about 18 years I am good at avoiding most things as you well know ~but this week another seamstress worst nightmare finally caught up to me after 25 years of using a sewing machine.
I was putting the finishing touches on Mac's halloween costume when I caught part of the costume out of the corner of my eye and flinched as a natural reaction to being scared ~I put the sewing machine needle through my finger!!! I know three people who have actually done this before ~my mother being one of them and all of them put the needle into their finger tip and all of them broke the needle in the process. I didn't do it that way I have a wound that goes from my middle knuckle to my end knuckle where the needle went in and out as it was zig zaging along and that I tore the flesh on as I yanked it away. I must say I much rather have my wound that the ones that go through the finger tip.
All I can say is sewing in October doesn't suit me and next year I am sure I will some how manage to kill myself with that machine ~or maybe I will take a break next October.

7 comments:

solidcommagirl said...

i really wish i wasn't eating breakfast while reading this.

Lucy van Pelt said...

Cool!!! I want to see a picture!

I tried to cut the end of my thumb off on Friday, so we could compare wounds. Sounds fun, huh?

Erin said...

Gross.

Lisa said...

Ooooo! That hurts!...you can add me to your list of those who have successfully stitched a finger...hope you heal well!

Lucy van Pelt said...

Hey -- speaking of Mac's halloween costume -- when do we get to see a picture of it. And Abby's too!

annzy said...

you will get a photo of the costumes after halloween when they will be in full makeup

Lori said...

That is so gross. I can't believe you did that.