Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sinking the Sub....

So during my current unemployment situation I am subbing for the school district I grew up in to give me a little pocket change and to get me out of my parents house a couple of days each month.
I quote from the Boise Substitute Guide "Keep in mind that you are not a baby sitter...it will be your responsibility to assist in the teaching of the class” Let me state clearly right now besides giving a couple of class presentations I have no teaching experience ~and it took the kids about two minutes to figure that out.
First a couple of the kids first hour after harassing me all period said they were really excited that I was going to be with them next week too. ~I am so screwed but I can tell you this right now I have detention passes that I was afraid to use on Friday but I fear them no more! I don't care if the administration thinks I can't handle the kids ~I am the Sub I don't have to put up with that ~it makes my job "baby sitting" in my opinion.
Well I would write more but I have to read two chapters on earth science for the lectures I am giving on Monday ~this ought to be good.

2 comments:

jason said...

I suppose spanking is right out?

Lucy van Pelt said...

Hey, kids are just like dogs. They smell fear. As long as you make them think you know what you're doing, you're in. Isn't it just the most fun you've had your whole life? I hated subbing like you wouldn't believe!