Wednesday, November 01, 2006

mobile is again mobile...

My life is in a bit of a crappie phase right now ~and all I can hope for is that this is truly a phase and not my life. A lot of things aren't exactly how I would love for them to be but I can take the blame for some of it.
Today though I fixed something that wasn't my fault in the first place and it felt oh so lovely. Two months ago my ipod mini died on me sort of ~it worked if it was plugged in and charging ~if it wasn't charging it didn't play. So it wasn't totally broken but it really wasn't working like I wanted it to. I am pretty sure it is suppose to be mobile other wise I would just listen to my itunes on my computer. Well when I mentioned this problem to my sister my brother in-law very handily told me I could fix it and it would be a lot cheaper than the $50 apple wanted to help me out. Yesterday a new battery that I spent a whopping $16 which included the shipping on arrived in the mail. Today while watching the demo video on cnet I was able to replaced the battery almost all by myself I made my dad hold the screwdriver while I pried the top off with the wedge that came in my kit (I did the bottom with out any help.) After letting my ipod charge up it is now mobile once again and it has twice the battery life than it had when it was new from the bookstore. Also I didn't loose any of my music so now I can run run with one of my favorite itunes mixes again.
I do have to make a confession I tried to document this whole thing with photos but I took one photo of my ipod and tools and then got so into the project I forgot to take progress photos until I was all done and the completion picture looked just like the ready set pictures so there wasn't any point. ~next project I hope to do better.

5 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Good job! Now where are the halloween costume pictures?!?

Lucy van Pelt said...

Good job! Now where are the halloween costume pictures?!?

Sam said...

I call myself "Capable Woman" whenever I am able to successfully perform a technical feat like this. Way to go Capable Woman Ann!

Lori said...

Nice work. I am always so proud when I fix something, and then I'm left looking around for someone to brag to, and there's never anyone there...:(

Kara said...

Wow, you fixed your ipod!

The closest I ever came to taking apart any of my electronic devices was when a little baja fresh salsa spilled on my laptop. I took apart the keyboard to clean it up. When I reassembled it I switched the up-arrow and down-arrow keys. I am so hilarious.