Saturday, December 16, 2006

perfection and tears...

This week just like everyone else I know I have been trying to get a million things done in time for the holiday.
The good news ~my brownies turned out perfectly even though I was talking very animatedly on the phone while measuring ~not always a good idea
The bad news ~the copy shop ruined a present I was working on and i cried on the way home ~i was so close to pulling off Christmas this year ~so I am going to have to either do a complete redo or a start over ~have been busy subbing and haven't had time to decide.
This next week will be better ~I am making tapioca which is good juju to ensure it.

6 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Some things turn out and others are just OK. You'll laugh, because I made sugar cookies and halved the recipe, but accidently put the full amount of nutmeg and vanilla in. The cookies aren't bad, but only if you like nutmeg. Dad would hate them. :-)

Lori said...

I'm sorry if I'm out of it, but I keep hearing the term "juju" and I don't know what it means. Can you explain?

annzy said...

Juju
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Juju in West Africa refers to the supernatural power ascribed to object or fetishes. Juju can be used pejoratively and can be synonymous with witchcraft. The beliefs surrounding juju, such as the manipulation of good and bad spirits may be origin of the American voodoo. Also, some West Africans become indoctrinated into Christianity and Islam, they refer to aspects of traditional African religions as juju.

I would also just like to say for the record I have been using this term long before it appeared on Grey's.

Lori said...

Yeah, I heard it on Grey's Anatomy for the first time, but then a few more times since. I usually pride myself on being "in the know" but apparently missed the memo on this one. Amy explained it to me the other night. Wikipedia makes it sound much more complicated though. Who knew it was West African? not East, but West?

stefan said...

how did i miss the entry where you revealed your imminent return to slc, ut?

PJMcD said...

TAPIOCA ??? That stuff is Glickky. What say you try your hand at some sugar-free brownies and send them to a certian brother in-law of yours. How 'bout it HMM.