Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sweet Lil' Sweater


So I am trying to learn how to knit ~it only took me three months to do my first solo project a scarf. Well I just finished up project #2 this month and got it delivered to the person it will fit the best. I used cheap yarn on this project in so when I didn't finish it wouldn't be a huge waste. I also got the pattern from a library book once again so it wouldn't be a huge investment and some ugly reminder sitting on my bookshelf let me know I failed.
I think it turned out alright ~the cheep yarn did give me fits and I am pretty sure I am banded from borrowing knitting books from the Boise Public Library from here on out because I had this book checked out for four months ~with all of the renewals I could do.

So here is the finished project modeled one warm winter Sunday by Bottsie.


Here are the details:

Pattern: Jacket with Seed Stitch Bands

Source: Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss

Yarn: Lyon Brand Yarn "Micro Spun" Lilac

Needles: US 3 & US 2


I am so not a knitter just yet but this next project I think will make me one~

10 comments:

gamine said...

Congratulations!!! It looks great.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I'm impressed! Even if it does really irk me that you've figured this out and I never could. And bots looks darling as ever.

Erin said...

I am like a proud mama. Bottsie looks very, very cute.

Sam said...

Cute! Nice job, Ann!

Kara said...

Wow! It turned out great.

I've decided to learn to knit too. I'm 6 inches into a plain old scarf. I love the idea of a baby sweater as the a starter project.

Kara said...

Fabbity fab fab!!! It looks sooo darling. You need to start your new sweater soon, so you have a new reason to come over! ;)

goo said...

Once again, I have to ask- what can't you do? The sweater is adorable, as is Brooke.

solidcommagirl said...

Nothing I write can show how amazed I am at your talent.

seeingyouthere said...

speechless. i will never reach your craftiness level.

PJMcD said...

If I were a sweater guy,(and I sure ain't) I would want you to make one for me. How 'bout you knit me a really cool, psycadellic scarf to keep the chill off my brother in-law neck. But not outta cheap yarn, it might chafe me. Did you knit the buttons too??