Monday, April 16, 2007

Still Schmidting...

I am still Knitting and will post my progress or slow lack there of soon...

In the mean time I have completed another quilt and thanks to my friend Erin the recipient of this quilt i actually have photos to share. If you visit Erin (or Lucy the older sister) you have already seen it so this post is soooo boring and two weeks ago.

Here are a couple of notes on the quilt though. It was inspired by Denyse Schmitdt's "Any Way You Slice It." I used eight deep olive greens with at least two star fabrics and eight tan creams with a couple of stars too. The boarder is Amy Butler's King Fern. I had it quilted at The Corn Wagon by Ramona, it is quilted in a pattern she calls "blooming roes with leaves." I chose a vintage blue by Moda for the stop boarder and binding to offset the green. I also had it quilted in that same blue to soften the sharp lines and add another dimension.


I truely enjoy Erin and her many talents and had a lot of fun sharing this one of mine with her.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Wow. That's beautiful.

I love your choice of the Amy Butler fabric for the boarder, the blue and the assymetry of the squares.

VERY well done.

Jennifer said...

Ann,
This is Kara's sister Jeni--you saved my wedding dress--then again, I'm sure you've saved many wedding dress!
Anyways, I love your quilt. The way it breaks away from traditional quilting reminds me of a book I saw that after seeing your quilt, you NEED to see this book!! Go check it out from your library, or if they don't have it check out her website-enjoy! http://www.nancycrow.com/

Nancy Crow : artist in transition / Nancy Crow.

Lucy van Pelt said...

Of course, you know how much I love your quilts, but I just have to say one more time that this is exquisite!

Erin said...

Sigh...I am the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you again Ann.