Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's a lovely day in the Neighborhood

Alright I got new camera so I decided to take it for a little stroll through the neighborhood...

This is my place I like the teal eyebrows ~the ward refers to it as the carriage house
Why the carriage house?

It is called the carriage house because it sits behind this beautiful old Victorian.

This is where I go to church it is just three blocks from my place. I love this chapel because it was built in 1928 and it still has the hand painted details on the ceiling of the foyer.

I love my neighborhood because it does really great things like paint stars on the sidewalk for the 4th of July ~how much fun is that.

Alright there are a lot of other great quirky things about my neighborhood and maybe I will get around to another walk and show them to you but these are a couple of the reasons why I love where I live.

10 comments:

Holley said...

and because you have awesome neighbors silly!

gamine said...

So cute and quaint. I love it.

Erin said...

So happy you like it! Your place is so cute.

PJMcD said...

Where do you live....Mayberry????

Penny Longstockings said...

I'm glad you're feelin at home, and I now want to paint my sidewalks, they suddenly look so plain!

Lucy van Pelt said...

I love your neighborhood and can't wait to visit it some day. It really is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I need to come visit you sometime when I'm down that way. - Lori

CC said...

this is my old 'hood - and thats where I used to goto church - does it still have a balcony? goodtimes

Holley said...

no i always wondered where those stars were, i finally saw them last night. so cute!

ps> i finished the book!

annzy said...

The Church does still have the balcony ~ I haven't had the guts to sit up there yet but maybe this week!