Saturday, September 01, 2007

All politics are local...

I just want to say this ~I'm not that political but I love watching politics and I really loved the time I got to spend in politics. I am going to say just one thing about the recent uproar around the Idaho Senator ~ If you judge a man by the company he keeps you won't find a better man on Capitol Hill. Of all the jobs I have had I have never worked with better people than when I worked for Senator Craig. His staff was truly devoted to serving the people of the state and seeing that they did their very best at their job. They were also really great at having a good time. I will now always miss "big table," book club, the geology of Brooke's office, intern row, Danniano, the whit of Chief Ware, Damian's queso, Svini fabulous suits, chats with Pat, all the other staffers that I always think of with love and knowing that even though it was 3,000 miles away from where I grew up I was home every day at that office.

2 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

This makes me so sad. I don't agree with all (or many) of Craig's politics, but it's bad for Idaho to lose him. The worst part is that if he were a Democrat, they would cope and move on. With the Republicans, they have to make an example of him. Very big bummer for Idaho.

Sam said...

I feel so bad for all your staffer friends! What an unfortunate way to end those years of public service.