Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cooking up a little fall...

I like the fact that when the weather changes so do my cooking habits. Well on Saturday Fall came to town ~maybe it knew it was homecoming and didn't want to miss the game. Anyways when it came time to make dinner for my friend Gioey and I it had to be something that fit the weather.
So here is one of my favorite Fall recipes ~thank you Realsimple...

Chicken Sauteed with Apples

4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 firm apple, such as Braeburn, cored, halved, and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 cup apple juice
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard

Place each chicken-breast half between 2 sheets of wax paper andpound with a meat mallet until about 3/4 inch thick.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sautethe chicken until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Add theapple slices, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, and salt. Coverand simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is fork-tender.Remove the chicken, apple slices, and onion to a serving platterand keep warm.

Bring the sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes or until slightlyreduced. Whisk in the mustard. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.


10 comments:

Holley said...

what do you serve this with?

Kim said...

I wanted to leave a comment on your blog. Yummy recipe. If I cooked I would probably make it. You should bring some to work next time. Remember when you brought in cookies and I had about 10.. now those were good times.

annzy said...

I served this with a green salad and roasted potatoes~ also we had brownies for dessert.

Holley said...

okay, so one more question, i read the recipie again, and do you serve the chicken with the onions and apples? or are those discarded?

annzy said...

No you serve them all together on the same plate ~do you want me to come over sometime this week and help you make it? If you click on Realsimple in the text it should take you to a picture of it.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I would never guess this was that good, but I know how picky you are, so I'll try it.

PJMcD said...

What say you come over to our house and cook up some of that fancy yard-bird?????????????????

annzy said...

There were cheap tickets to seattle today on SWA and it was hard to resist coming to cook for you~

holley said...

Oh, I get it! Ok, I just wasn't sure. And sorry about when you said hi, I totally didn't recognize you, I was so confused!

Holley said...

after all the questions, i made it and it was really good. i love the apple and dijon mustard with the chicken flavor. mmmmm.