Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Inspired...

So everyday in my inbox is an e-mail from DailyCandy usually I glance and toss or I glance and file but today I was inspired...

This weekend I will be making this for Saturday Brunch~

CARROT CAKE FRENCH TOAST
Fresh baked carrot cake dipped in cinnamon vanilla egg batter and grilled to golden brown. Served with a side of syrup and our original cream cheese-pecan syrup.

Oh my gosh I can't believe I have never thought of this ~or seen this. I have seen cinnamon rolls sliced in half for french toast and I have a recipe for creme brulee french toast I have been meaning to try.

Today DailyCandy was touting the lovelies of Austin and the South Congress Cafe with this on there menu was recommended and since I can't get to Austin this weekend I will have to make it instead.

I will promise to try to take a photo and let you know how it goes~


5 comments:

Erin said...

Just so you know, last weekend I made Chicken Sauteed with Apples per your mention on the blog. Keep the ideas coming lady!

Lucy van Pelt said...

You could make my buttermilk syrup to go on it and it would be divine!

Holley said...

mmm, i heard of using banana bread before, but carrot is so creative!

PJMcD said...

How about making some Dead Frog Pie for Halloween?????????

Lori said...

Unfortunately, I'm not so into carrot cake. Otherwise I would just invite myself right on over the next time you make that. I would like the creme brulee though - hint..hint...