Monday, November 05, 2007

For a good time...

Go on a mini-break! Okay so not this last weekend but the weekend before I finally made it on a mini-break and I was so over due a vacation.
I went to Denver. My friend Erin moved there this summer and well I find nothing really helps you settle into a city quite like playing tourist and well the best way to be a tourist is to have visitors. It was the least I could do for a friend. I have got to say that city made a great impression on me, the fall colors, the friendly people, the good food and well of coarse the crazy tourist things. The really crazy tourist thing we did really wasn't in Denver it was in Manitou Springs ~but it was only a quick day trip so it counts. If you are ever near Manitou Springs the weekend before Halloween do what ever you must but make it to the Emma Crawford Coffin Races. The parade with the hearse, the themed coffin racing teams, it is all not to be missed.
You might think that coffin races alone would make my weekend but when you are on a roll one should not stop. If you are in Denver near Halloween make sure you stop into the Molly Brown House for their Victorian Horror Story readings. Edgar was amazing and Nathaniel was captivating but nothing beat having to walk by the poorly lit room with all the china dolls looking at you ~ so creepy like child of glass creepy.
As I said the food was also good we tried Smashburger for dinner, Pete's Kitchen for breakfast and had dinner at Maggiano's ~are waiter was great and had all the right recommendations, lucky us.
I just have to say it was a great mini-break ~thanks Erin for hosting!

2 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

I loved going to Denver when I was working in Greely. It's a great city! I think I need a mini-break now.

Erin said...

It was so fun to have you--thanks for coming Ann. Denver loves ya!