Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day two, and not a turtle dove to be had...

I love advent. From the paper chains we would make in school to our families advent calendar. A million years ago when the Boise North Stake had to raise money for the building fund they use to have a Ward Bazaar and my mom bought an advent calendar for the family. It has 24 pockets 12 on the top and 12 on the bottom with this crazy felt Santa and tree on it. I loved every morning reading the note that was left in the pocket. Some days it would let us know we would have a treat, or we would put up some of the decorations or bake. Advent was always the best all the kids in the family have their own version of the calendar ~but me, maybe I am holding out for the original...

1 comment:

PJMcD said...

When I was a kid we made up our own words to the 12 Days of Christmas song. So day two is actually two purple frogs.