Sunday, December 23, 2007

Eight is for staying up late...

In my dad's house growing up Santa always came to visit on Christmas Eve ~as kids we would beg to have this tradition continued but our mom would have nothing to do with it. There was one exception. One year when I came home for the holidays from DC only the singles were coming home, the weather was horrible and my flight coming from Minneapolis was late ~I was worried that I wouldn't make it home. Jason who was only coming from Seattle had even more weather trouble than I did and although he was suppose to arrive a couple of hours before me even with my flight being late he arrived after me. Mom and Dad sent Noelle and I to the airport to pick him because of the lateness of the hour. When we arrived back at home Santa had visited and although technically it was Christmas morning we got to see what Santa got us and open all of our presents before heading to bed for the night. I loved it ~ It only happened the one time ~Mom still refuses to let Santa in the house until after we all head to bed for the night...

1 comment:

PJMcD said...

That is just one of the many reasons that your Mom is the coolest, and I can whip the man who says it isn't so.

Eight yawns a gleeking.