Wednesday, January 23, 2008

because i said i would...

So often I will write a post in my head and never get around to putting it down in my blog. This really should have been two post but I am putting it down into one.
So I got a new pair of jeans at Target a couple of months ago and one night after work I had to run a couple of errands so I tore the tags off put on the jeans and headed out the door. On my third errand as I was standing in the Provo library ~a place that I love~ A stranger came up to me and let me know I had a sticker on my jeans. ~oh yeah this isn't a cute sticker this is the sticker that is about a foot long that tells you what size my jeans are ~if it had said 8 I would have left it there needless to say it didn't and I now wonder exactly how many people know my exact size.
That incident alone should have been enough to embarrass me for at least six months but no... A couple of weeks ago I went to the gym ~shocker I know. Anyways when I work out I just wear my pj's maybe I am hoping they will some how morph my love of bed into a love of the gym ~it isn't working. I was wearing my blue pj bottoms ~my favorite when I noticed at the gym that I had completely torn out one of the back sides ~but this is where it gets good I still when and grabed a bite to eat with my friends while wearing them because ~who cares at that point really what do I have to loose.
Okay so one of my new goals for 2008 ~I have got to watch out for my backside just a titch more. I will let you know next year how I do.

6 comments:

annalisa said...

So when you see someone with that stylish sticker hanging off their... oh pg version... backside, do you do them the favor of telling them? Or are you like me getting up the gusto to save them from further embarrassment but you can't bring yourself to draw attention to it and settle on ignoring it as the most humane form of punishment so everyone else can see?

Kelly said...

just so you know, i went and tore huge holes in all of my workout pants so i can be just like you.

Jennifer said...

Hilarious, well worth the wait for such a good post.

amy m said...

Ann this is so funny. You know I have done that very same thing with the sticker, but the things is I look for it and couldn't find it. Thanks for the laugh.

PJMcD said...

Yer sister made me buy new work-out shorts cuz of the holez in my old faves. But sometimes I still wear them, it my last cheap thrill. Pathetic, I know.

Lori said...

It wasn't so bad. I thought it was kind of funny.