Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Highlight of my week...

Okay growing up we always got to say what the highlight of our day was at the dinner table ~as a middle child this was my five seconds everyday when the whole family actually listened to what I had to say ~so of coarse it was highlight of my day as I would hum and haw just to make sure I got all five glorious seconds out of it. I should say as a teenager when I rather not acknowledge the fact that I had a family this was as much fun to me as having bamboo shoved under my nails and I usually gave helpful answers like "being done with my math test."

In college when all of the roommates took turns making dinner for the apartment on Tuesday nights ~my night to cook I would make everyone say what the highlight of their week was ~oh I miss Skyler when I think of how her answers always had to do with a cute boy noticing her.

Okay so here is the point to help my blog move a long I am going to "try" to post the highlight of my week ~or as the case may be this time the highlights of the last couple of weeks.

Okay so last week on the first Sunday I got to give a lesson in RS and because I got to choose the topic I gave it on my favorite gospel topics Charity.
Getting to go to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 ~with three of my most favorite people and calling that I get to be Tibby on our trip to Greece next year because I will most likely fall of a donkey if that is our mode of transportation.
Being compared to Alice in the Twilight Series by a friend that just started reading it ~who was my favorite in the series.
Making a new mixed tape with my new favorite summer song on it ~because nine in the afternoon is just about how my summer days run.

Alright now I want you to do me a favor and let me know what the highlight of your week was ~because in college I realized the best part of the highlight of the week was not me gushing to my roommates but hearing them gush about all that was good and right in the world.

10 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

My highlight of the week? Mark finished his motorcycle class and got his learner's permit. Now we can ride!

Rager said...

Middle child, that's a good one. fifth of six in hardly middle especially when you're the loudest.

Amy said...

No doubt it was watching that A-mazing men's swimming relay on Sunday night. I screamed, jumped up and down, cheered, and cried. I still tear up now just thinking about it.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I posted my highlight on my blog at http://lucyvpelt.blogspot.com/2008/08/blog-post.html, but listening to your favorite song and watching that ever-so-clever video is up there on the list.

Kelly said...

the highlight of my week so far was that after i had been training a new employee pretty much all day standing at his computer, i discovered in the ladies' that my zipper was down. let's just say there was much crouching, bending, hands in pockets involved during the day, so it's unlikely that it went unnoticed. hence, i chose a zipperless, buttonless skirt ensemble today. however, it's likely that another highlight of the week will ensue as i'm sure there will be a skirt-tucked-into-back-of-underwear-after-using -the-restroom incident.

Kara said...

My Mom had a quote from that talk hung in our home since it was given. "Perhaps the greatest charity. . "

I think I will read the talk again.

The highlight of my week was attending my cousin's wedding. The LA temple was beautiful, the sealing was beautiful and the food was delicious!

PJMcD said...

Is there any ABBA on that mix tape?

Marcilyn said...

5 of 6 is middle child! do not try to take that away from us!!!

Lori said...

The highlight of my week last week was going to see Sisterhood with my three favoritest people.

This week, was watching DVD of What about Brian all night on Thursday because I gave blood and was too tired to do anything else. But the show is oh so good.

Diana said...

The highlight of my week was going visiting teaching. I know that sounds oh so lame but it's a girl that I've become raelly good friends with and well I shared an experience with her that I wasn't planning on sharing with her and she got tears in her eyes and said she needed to hear that and she had been struggling with something similar. IT was nice.
Also watching Michael Phelps barely get the gold in the 100 M butterfly that was incredible!
Glad you had fun at the movie. Sorry I couldn't go but it sounds like you guys had a blast!