Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I have decided to have a baby...

okay that tittle of my post is a little misleading ~mainly because I don't want a baby, but I do want someone to bring meals over to my house all week long. Janelle just had a baby and she loved the food that was brought over ~and well I stole some of it while pretending to visit. The thing is I didn't get to try the meal she raved over ~I mean it was all good and lovely she didn't have a favorite ~this one was just different and that's why she mentioned it...

Bethany's Worlds Most Refreshing Bowtie Pasta Salad

2 Tbls. Green onion, chopped
1/2 to 3/4 tsp. Black pepper (Bethany goes for closer to 1/2)
8oz. Kraft Coleslaw dressing
1 c. Mayo
Dash of thyme
Pinch of Ginger
Heap of Love (okay i just added that for good measure)
3 c. (uncooked) bowtie pasta, cooked & drained ~follow direction for aldente
2 c. cubed, cooked chicken ~grilled, roasted ~what every is easiest (Bethany grills)

Mix all of the above ingredients & refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours (which ever is longer ~just kidding, all though if you have a new baby it is a toss up)

Add
1 c. chopped celery
2 c. red grapes ~halved
20oz can of pineapple tidbits (drained)
2 c. diced apples

~Mix it up and enjoy.

Bethany did bring me some over when I told her I had to have the recipe and it really is lovely ~and I didn't even have to have a baby to get it.

3 comments:

Rager said...

I immediately thought this was a new car announcement. I'm a little disappointed that you announce you've decided to have a baby and it's all about the food.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I think you should just pretend to have surgery and get meals brought in.

B said...

I feel famous! I'm glad you liked it! The next time I make it, I'll be sure to bring some to you.