Friday, January 23, 2009

So much to do I can't sleep...

Okay I rarely dream ~but the other night I had the oddest dream. I was at Costco in Seattle with my sister Nollie ~which is plausible I guess, I have been to Costco with her in Seattle. Now this is where the dream gets weird I had two carts and I was trying to push both of them around ~this is silly because don't you think my sister would have been pushing one of them ~she is extremely helpful and capable. Anyways so I am trying to get both of the carts around and I would sort of leave one and put stuff in the other cart and then go back and get the one I had left and push it till I put something in it and this is how I was getting around Costco ~okay I never use a cart in Costco because I am single and I don't buy that much stuff. Anywho I had left my purse in the seat of one of the carts ~now this I do. To my surprise it got stolen. I totally got stressed out about what I was going to do and how I was going to be able to catch my flight back home because I didn't have any ID. Well in this crazy panicked state I woke up ~at 5:02 am.
I wasn't able to get back to sleep because every time I tried I just started to freak out about what I was going to do about my stole wallet ~I could not for the life of me reconcile in my little head that it was just a dream and my wallet was safe in my purse in my living room in Provo ~and I didn't have to catch a flight.

I did look up on Dream Moods to see what this might mean and here is what it said...

To dream that you lost your purse, denotes loss of power and control of possessions. It also suggests that you may have lost touch with your real identity.
or,
To dream that you are a witness to a theft or a victim of theft, indicates that others are wasting your time and stealing energy and ideas. Perhaps you feel robbed in some way.

I am not sure if the interpretation is helpful ~but man I am going to do a better job of keeping tabs on my wallet ~the dream was so bothersome I can't imagine what it would be like in real life.

6 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

You just need to figure out who is wasting your time and make it stop. I hate those dreams that *feel* so real that you can't shake them. Even though you know it's not real, that feeling stays with you.

Rager said...

So, maybe it's something in our genes, because I too rarely ever have dreams.

Hannah said...

I hate waking up from a bad dream that feels sooo real. Ugh. Sorry.

The pushing two carts thing was interesting to me- two heavy and difficult loads to manage and then when your back is turned you get screwed over. There are so many parallels in my life to that scenario right there!

Lori said...

I'm so sorry! That's the worst. I used to dream that my brother Adam had died over and over. It was horrible.

Ingrid said...

Had to laugh about the 2 carts part-- hello RS Pres! Is that a metaphor for your life or what? Actually, it could be a metaphor for my life too.... uh oh. Some days it feels like 4 or 5 carts tho!
;-)

Diana said...

I hate when dreams are so real. Sorry about that.