Thursday, January 08, 2009

State Dinner here I come...

You know you need to get a life when you think this the best news ever...

I am so excited about the new White House china.
My favorite set is the Regan set...


It had to be ordered when Nancy planed her first State Dinner and didn't have enough place settings of any of the other White House sets to accommodate her guest list
~clearly she knew how to throw a party.

The oddest of all the White House sets ~hands down no contest...
The Hayes China ~it has well this lovely snow shoe platter and plates with crayfish and turkey motifs, and it even has an oyster plate that has oysters on it that the oysters you are serving can sit in them ~it seams so confusing to me but really you should check it out.

5 comments:

boisegrammy said...

I the top picture the new White House pattern? I like it a lot. Do you think I will ever eat from it at the White House? Somehow I doubt it, more likely I would be washing it at the White House.

boisegrammy said...

Oops. The first word in the above statement should have been "is".

Lori said...

How did you even know about this???

PJMcD said...

We wouldn't want our Presidential oysters getting lonely so Nancy had them paint oysters on some of the plates. The snow shoe rulez. Probably a holdover from the Ford era. Betty must've been high on Valium when she had those made up to feed the governer from Alaska. Seal meat and Sno-conez yum.

The Aslett Family said...

I take it they got the Regan china back from the dirty Clintons then. They took some of the china when they left the white house...they are evil. They had to give back a lot of things they decided to take; paintings, china, etc.....what great people.