Sunday, April 05, 2009

project four...

Ahhhh, homemade Christmas ~it sounds so nice and I love planing all the projects ~well here is one that didn't even get started before Christmas and well as you can see it has taken an odd direction...
Okay what you are looking at in this pictures is one gauntlet finished and the second one almost done ~and they both have issues so I will be making a third one to see if it works for the gift I am trying to make. My friend Erin once again has a pair of these and they are beautiful and I want a pair for myself ~the ones you see above are my attempt to make a pair for my Granny. Pair number one are huge ~they are too long for even me and Granny is tiny so I know they won't work for her ~so at some point I will make the second one and gift them to a much taller friend that will have long enough arms to work in them. Pair two ~I hate the way the colors look once they are knit up in this project which is impossible to see when you are looking at variegated yarn. So it looks like this might be more of a next Christmas present and it will be interesting to see if the second one ever get's knit up on these.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I like the green one, the variegated one is a little busy. That seems to be my problem with trying anything with variegated yarn, I don't like how busy it ends up looking! I want to make something like this.

Erin said...

Variegated yarn is tricky. It looks so pretty all rolled into a ball but it doesn't always knit up right. But these gloves are just beautiful, i love mine and think all should have one.