Monday, April 13, 2009

three or thirty and three...

So I love to peek into blogs and see what people are up to so when I saw this at the Pink Picket Fence I wanted it, I had to have it, nothing else would do for my Easter skirt...
So here is what I wore on Sunday after a couple of late nights.

It was too silly for words and only really went with my cowboy boots because it doesn't go with anything ~the whole thing was frighteningly unflattering but too much fun for words ~oodles of complements accompanied the skirt ~and no one noticed the new hair color. I am not too sure I will ever wear it again but I loved it for the occasion.
Oh and you will be glad to know ~I didn't have a stitch of this in my stash ~all purchased, i am a project disaster ~oh well.

10 comments:

Amy said...

you are too much! i love it!

veronica said...

ann, you're the bomb.

Hannah said...

That is so FREAKING cute! I love that you made it on a whim :)

The Mathews Four said...

At least it is finished! I loved the skirt! PS... I was too enamored with that cute little bobby pin you were wearing in your hair. I even mentioned it to Keera today. Did you make it? I almost laughed right out loud in RS when I realized that my girls' new haircuts are exactly like yours... only parted on the other side. Those bobby pins are adorable! Suddenly the big huge adorable flower bows that I bought from Shelley are much too large on my daughters short hair/heads.
-Jessica

watkins said...

I love it!! You are my hero.

Mariam said...

Hope you don't mind me blog stalking you, but you always have such cleaver ideas. I went to the original post and was wondering if you did the same thing, or did you gather the tulle. I love how your skirt turned out, and I think my little K needs one too.

annzy said...

Okay a couple of things ~Jessica I got the bobbie pins at target years ago but I am always on the look out for good bobbie pins.
Mariam I didn't gather the tulle but I was going really slowly as i sewed and shoved tulle under the presser foot ~does that make sense. Also the lines are two inches apart and the tulle was cut at two and half inches so that makes it poof out along with the gathering. I used two yards of tulle for a skirt that fit me.
Oh and I was in a huge hurry to get to work today ~so I wore it to work :)

Erin said...

I can't believe you made this! SO awesome.

Kara said...

This is why you are just AWESOME!

Ingrid said...

I didn't realize you MADE the darn skirt! I was one of the complimenters, but wow-- didn't know you made it! Love you and your crazy taste and that you would sew a skirt to wear once and that it is a crazy cute skirt to boot! And with boots! You SO rock!