Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day..

The summer I was six my older sister reduced me to tears by telling me the gypsies had left me on the doorstep and that mom & dad had only taken me in because they had to. I didn't belong in the family and no one loved me because I was just a gypsy.
When I was sixteen I desperately hoped that I had been left on the doorstep by gypsies and that I didn't belong to the family.About ten years ago my father showed me this picture of my mother and said that it might be hard to deny that I belonged to the family...






























On a day like today when I think of how lucky I am to belong to my mother, how I wish I was more like her, how much I love her. I am so grateful the gypsies left me on her doorstep.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow you look like your mom! The friendship you have with her is inspiring :)

Lucy van Pelt said...

You're the luckiest gypsy in gypsy-land!

PJMcD said...

Way cool waver Doo. Nice Anzy

boisegrammy said...

Are you supposed to make your mother cry on Mother's Day? Thanks for joining our family however you got here.

Kara said...

Such a cute post! You and your mom are two peas!