Friday, December 11, 2009

Dinner Party

Last night I had a couple of people over for dinner ~
I never cook anymore so this was a huge treat for me to get to spend some quality time in the kitchen doing something I love. ~Plus I used my new Christmas china which was totally the icing.
Here is the menu for those of you who couldn't make it ~just so you know I wish you had been here.

Baby Spinach with, Honey Almonds, Pomegranate and Orange Slivers served with poppy seed dressing.
Pork Medallions with Orange Sauce
Balsamic Roasted Asparagus
Potatoes Au Gratin with Gruyere

I also made the worlds worst Pot du Creme for dessert ~I had to throw them out. So one of the guests saved my bacon a brought a pie ~pie is my favorite.

8 comments:

Orange said...

Oooo! Sounds so good- I wish I'd been there too!

Sam said...

Yummy! Come on over and cook for us!

Brit said...

I miss our dinners.

boisegrammy said...

I'll let you cook all you want to when you are home for Christmas.

Erin said...

Sounds heavenly. Maybe we should cook dinner together sometime soon. (I know, this is crazy talk.) Miss you, seriously, let's hang out.

Kara said...

Sometimes I forget that I love to cook. It feels impossible for weeks on end.

Then one day, the idea of one more "quickie meal" makes me sick. So I buck up and cook something, and fall in love with good food and the preparation thereof all over again.

Lucy van Pelt said...

Sam made the scalloped potatoes for our Christmas dinner and they were fantastic! Thanks for sharing your dinner menu with us.

Aubrey said...

Hi Ann. I found your blog. I miss you. Hope you had a great Christmas.
Love Aubrey