Monday, February 08, 2010

A lovely place to be...

Okay so my house looks like some sort of terrorism might have taken place ~maybe a robbery that somehow included a lot of baking ~it's hard to say at this point. This of course is what happens after on a whim last weekend I decide to work on a sewing project then have to literally drop it on my sofa when I come to the realization that I have one of my busiest weeks of the year at work this week and I am short on yardage ~argh. I then spend the entire week neglecting the house then on Thursday I realize laundry can only be ignored for so long before it become more of a do or die situation but who has time to put it all away (i'm just so grateful it's clean.) So when I survive Friday what do I do on Saturday ~hang out with friends that have been neglected instead of my house and then today what do I do to unwind ~I baked three key lime pies, a batch of rolls, bacon wrapped water chestnut and made chicken kiev for dinner.
You know what I don't even care about the mess though I love the way garlic and butter baking in my oven for 40 minutes has made my house smell lovely as I am headed to bed with dishes in the sink.

4 comments:

Marcilyn said...

so glad you decided to neglect your house and not me ;)

Lucy van Pelt said...

Sounds like you "chose the better part" dear. Kudos to you and I hope you get to relax a little at work this week. There's a package on the way to you that should arrive today or tomorrow. Enjoy!

Kara said...

Can we sew together soon? I miss you!

boisegrammy said...

Ahh, my dear. I know that you didn't partake of all that food by yourself, thus I also know that you have made correct choices. (1) you love to cook and (2) you see others needs and strive to meet them.

Glad to see that you are going to bed early (for you).